There are lots of career choices that can be dangerous to your health. Public safety personnel, including police officers, firefighters, and other first responders put their lives at risk every single day. However, there are other jobs that can also threaten your health. You might not even know that you are at risk. Some of the most damaging and dangerous careers in today’s tech-driven world are the ones that require you to sit at a desk for hours on end. The longer you sit without standing up and taking a break, the more damage will be done. Key Largo massage services can help to alleviate some of the stress and muscle pain that can come from sitting for prolonged periods. Book a massage in Key Largo with a licensed massage therapist and enjoy home therapy massage in the comfort of your own home.
Why Sitting for Long Periods is Dangerous
Studies show that there are many negative side effects associated with jobs that keep you seated at a desk throughout the day. From secretaries to executives, IT professionals to computer programmers, there are many career paths that can keep you shackled to your desk. Physicians have been warning against prolonged sitting for many years, but there haven’t been a lot of details provided as to why it is so dangerous. When you consider the issues one at a time, it doesn’t seem like a lot; but, when you look at them together as a whole, it becomes obvious why these unhealthy work conditions do so much harm.
Some of the negative effects of sitting for long periods include:
- posture issues – stiffness in the neck, shoulders, arms, and lower back can all come from poor posture and using a chair and desk situation that is not ergonomically designed for good health; the longer you sit, the worse it gets
- hip and back pain – the basic act of sitting puts stress on your body; increased pressure on the spine, lower back, hip flexors, and hamstrings can lead to pain and stiffness in many other areas of the body and compound chronic pain from other pre-existing conditions
- heart risks – prolonged sitting has been proven to increase a person’s risk for heart disease; moving around frequently and refraining from sitting for long periods can reverse this risk; high blood pressure, stress-related increased heart rate, and other common conditions can be increased with this risk
- circulation – sitting for long periods of time slows the body’s blood circulation; ultimately this leads to fluids pooling in the legs, which can increase the risk for developing swollen ankles, varicose veins, and DVT or deep vein thrombosis
- weight gain and diabetes – jobs that require people to sit for long periods of time often see a spike in weight-related issues and an increased risk for developing type-2 diabetes; both of these conditions can be caused by spending too much time sitting and not enough time moving around without lowering calorie intake
How Key Largo Massage Services Can Help
Instead of looking for a new job, there are things that you can do to counteract the negative effects of sitting for prolonged periods of time. Whenever you get the opportunity to get up, stand up, walk around, or otherwise get away from your desk – take it. Even if it just means walking a little more to get to the restroom, breakroom for fresh water, or taking the stairs when returning from lunch, the more you can do to be active, the better. In addition, working with a licensed massage therapist can also be extremely helpful. At the end of a long day and an even longer commute, it is nice to know that you will be experiencing a home therapy massage from our Key Largo massage services. Massage therapy can be targeted to specific areas of muscle tension that exist due to postural imbalances, work-related tension, and other problems that arise from being seated for so many hours each day.
Other ways that it helps to book a massage in Key Largo include increasing blood flow to the area where the massage work is being done. This helps to reduce pain, tension, and stress in the immediate area, but it also helps to improve circulation, blood flow, and energy throughout the whole body. When this work is being done by a professional and experienced licensed massage therapist, the results are significantly greater than anything you could do for yourself. Even percussion massage appliances or well-meaning partners can’t match the positive results that can come from home therapy massage from a professional therapist. Studies have proven that professional Key Largo massage services can reduce diastolic blood pressure, loosen tense muscles, decrease stress, and even improve sleep quality. All of these things can help your body to be healthier and prepare it to overcome work-related issues.
Where to Hire a Professional
If you are interested in learning more about how to book a massage in Key Largo for in home therapy massage services, contact HomeTherapyMassage.com directly. You can reach us by calling us at 305-393-4694.
We can answer any questions you might have about our Greater Key Largo massage services, help you to schedule an appointment, and provide additional details about what to expect when you hire a licensed massage therapist. Call today and start working on improving your health by reducing stress, tension, and anxiety with professional massage services in the South Florida area.